Nikon Releases AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Written by: Tiffany Joyce
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR, a new DX-NIKKOR zoom lens with built-in Silent Wave Motor and Vibration Reduction. This compact, lightweight and affordable 3x zoom NIKKOR lens offers remarkable versatility and covers the essential focal range of 18 to 55mm.
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Major Features
- 3x zoom lens covering the most frequently used focal range of 18 to 55mm (picture angle is equivalent to focal length from 27 to 82.5mm in Nikon FX or 35mm format)
- Vibration Reduction enables sharper pictures while shooting at shutter speeds up to three stops slower than would otherwise be possible
- Optical design optimized for use with Nikon digital SLRs for superior performance
- Hybrid aspherical lens element minimizes lens aberration
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers superior color reproduction, while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural
- 0.28 m/0.9 ft. closest-focusing distance throughout the entire zoom range
- Accepts 52 mm filter attachments
- Ergonomic lens barrel features rugged construction with a comfortable fit; separate zoom and focus rings provide the accuracy professionals expect
You can read the full press release here. The lens should be available by Decemeber 2007.
Previous Post: How to Create a Slideshow in Photoshop