Inspiration Board Tuesday: Food as Art
Written by: Tiffany Joyce
I love the inspiration that I find in Foodie Magazines and Blogs – the lighting, the presentation, the food it really gets me hungry. Food photography is very difficult for many reasons the main one being you have to cook food that looks good. It doesn’t stop me from trying though and this week I’m going to share with you a few places that I find great food photography online and challenge you to #8 on my very long list which is – You are What you Eat photography.
Check out the amazing food photographed on these blogs:
- Bakerella – I can gain weight just checking out the photos of her cakes. Like these cakes make me say OMG.
- Smitten Kitchen – I imagine that her kitchen has the most amazing light.
- Pioneer Woman – I love that Ree openly talks about her trials with photographing food and she’s given serious tips about using the tripod and a plastic bag covered shutter button as to not gunk up her camera. Awesome tip.
- Chocolate & Zucchini – I really like the variety of different shot types you’ll find on this site. Some macro work, natural lighting and set lighting.
- Noble Pig – The presentation, perspective and composition of her shots takes me to her kitchen.
Now head on over to our Flickr Group to post your best attempt at Food Photography or better yet take this challenge for the week and photograph what’s on your plate.
Previous Post: Flash Diffusers