Christmas Wish List 2010
Written by: Tiffany Joyce
I recently saw a jarring headline on CNN’s website – there are about five paychecks left between us and Christmas. Good lord, that deadline sneaked up awfully suddenly, didn’t it? So, it’s time for our annual Photo Gear Christmas Wish List! Give this list to your loved ones to give them ideas for your gift, or use this list yourself for gift ideas for the photography enthusiast in your life.
- The Digital Concepts Ps-101 Portable Lighting Studio is only around $30.00, and is a great tool for photographers venturing into lighting and macro photography.
- A handy Five In One Reflector Kit is around $17.00 and is always on a photographer’s list of “must-have” equipment.
- Every photographer can benefit from a Reference Color & White Balance Grey Card Set for white balance correction. It even comes with a handy quick-release neck lanyard. A great gift for around $13.00.
- Budding photographers will get the shot right every time with these Cheatsheet Photography Guides. They’re laminated cards on a keychain that provide “…numerous how-to tips, tricks, techniques, and charts” for metering, exposure, lighting, and how to shoot popular subjects. All for around $20.00.
- The Nikon Coolpix L22 12.0 MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD, at just around $100.00, is a sweet little point-and-shoot that will be sure to delight.
- For the video enthusiast, the Flip UltraHD Video Camera – 8 GB, 2 Hours Recording Time is a great deal for around $199.00.
- Does your photographer friend globe trot, climb around on mountains, and hike long distances to get “the” shot? Gift them with the Tamrac 3385 Aero Speed Pack 85 Dual Access Photo/Laptop Backpack for about $130.00.
- Digital photo frames certainly have come a long way since their inception. The Sony DPF-V1000 10-Inch Digital Photo Frame comes with a remote control, is bluetooth-ready, displays up to 2,000 photos, and has auto image correction/rotation. A fantastic addition to home decor for around $180.00.
- The Canon PowerShot S95 10 MP Digital Camera with 3.8x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch inch LCD (whew) is already a very popular wish-list item. If someone on your list is looking for a very capable, option-packed point-and-shoot camera, this one sells for around $399.00.
- Want to make their eyes REALLY pop out of their head when they unwrap their present? Get them the latest in D-SLR cameras. The Canon EOS 60D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD and 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS UD Standard Zoom Lens is around $1,400.00. The Nikon D7000 16.2MP DX-Format CMOS Digital SLR with 3.0 Inch LCD (Body Only) is around $1,200.00. The Olympus PEN E-P1 12.3 MP Micro Four Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko Digital Zoom Lens (Silver Body/Black Lens) is about $550.00. The Pentax K-5 16.3 MP Digital SLR with 18-55mm Lens and 3-Inch LCD, due to be released any day now, is available for pre-order at around $1,750.00.
- A high-balance gift card, say around $500.00, will always be met with enthusiasm. The great thing about giving a gift like this is that the photographer in your life can get exactly what they need. Get gift cards from Amazon or B&H Photo Video – they have the greatest selection and best prices for photography gear.
What is on your photography wish list for this Christmas? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments!
Previous Post: Sometimes It’s Just About Having Fun